Google my business listing is one of the most important tools for your online presence. Google is the most popular search engine with a 92% market share in web search. While most of the businesses have Google my Business listing, very few make the optimal use of it.
Google My Business listing will appear for people searching for business and services near their area. Listing is displayed in several Google products such as Google Search and Google Maps.
Google considers several factors to rank your listing and the steps below will show how to make your google business listing fully optimized and make the most out of it.
Steps to Optimise Google My Business listing
- The listing should appear pleasing to your target audience and also give out relevant information to your visitors.
- Write a nice description which is both catchy and explains about your product and services
- Make sure you have entered right address information to your listing
- Make sure the Maps location is pointing the exact same area and location of your business.
- Make sure the mobile number linked to the business page is working and someone is available to answer the calls all the time.
- Use high-quality photographs.
- Update new photographs of your product and services at a regular interval of time and also encourage your customers to share their pictures on the listing. Adding pictures will give more visibility to your listing
- Ask your customers to leave a review. The more reviews you have, the more social proofing you are going to get for your google business page listing
- Reply to all the reviews promptly and listen to your customers
- Reply to all the customer messages you receive on the business listing in time. Not replying to your customers might cause Google to turn off the instant messaging feature on your google business listing.
Read my latest blog on How Online Travel Agents Revolutionized Hotel Booking